Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm Back Baby

I finally got back to work on the Jeep after a ~2 week hiatus. I didn't get too much done, but I took care of some of the less enjoyable items on my list. I finally was able to remove the rear fender flares. I ended up having to cut off two bolts on the driver's side fender because the heads of the bolts were wedged too deep inside the plastic that covers the inside of the wheel well.


Another thing that I had been dreading was removing the wiring harness from the firewall, which actually turned out to be a fairly simple job. There were some wires/plugs that were hard to reach and took some elbow grease but in the end I got them all loose.


The third thing I did was to get all of the caked on mud and dirt off of the AX-15 transmission that I bought earlier in the month. As you can see from the pile in the dustpan, there was good amount of dirt stuck to it. I still need to clean out the inside of it (Dave mentioned that I can use diesel fuel to clean the internals) and the exterior could use a hosing off.

Dave recently touched up the paint on his Jeep; it's looking really sharp. He was welding his chrome step rails on while I was working on my Jeep.


No comments:

Post a Comment